In response to the war, the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) is acting in harmony with German academic institutions and the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Science, Research and Art and to provide initial information for prospective international students here. This page is updated regularly.

Ukrainian students and all DHBW students seeking help and support can contact the psychosocial counselling centres of the study academies in German or English.

Prospective students with a foreign school-leaving certificate

To be able to take up studies in a Bachelor’s degree programme with us, you need a study contract with a company or a social or health-related institution (so-called dual partners).

For applicants with foreign educational qualifications, the following prerequisite applies in general:
The foreign school-leaving certificate must be equivalent to the German Abitur.

As an international student applicant with a foreign school-leaving certificate, you must have the educational qualifications acquired in your home country checked for equivalence with the German higher education entrance qualification before applying to the dual partners and enrolling at the DHBW. You also have to prove your German language skills. Please contact

If you have any questions, please contact our counselling centres. They will be able to tell you in German or English what you need to know when applying for a place with us.

Counselling services at the DHBW

Please note

Most of the study programmes at the DHBW are offered in German.

In accordance with the Landeshochschulgebührengesetz (LHGebG), tuition fees for newly enrolled international students from non-EU/EEA countries will be charged in Baden-Württemberg in the amount of €1,500 per semester from the beginning of the winter semester 2017/18. This fee is currently waived for prospective Ukrainian students, among others. In its press release of 1 March 2022, the Ministry of Science informed that students from Ukraine and refugees who take up studies in Baden-Württemberg will not be charged tuition fees.

All information in German

You can also find further information about the state of Baden-Württemberg in German, Ukrainian and Russian on the website of the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Science, Research and Art.